August 30, 2012

Just One of Dem Days....

Greetings peoples,

I'm just gonna say the thing that you're not supposed to say......

I kinda feel guilty about it... but..

Sometimes I just need to be alone.

This whole week has been like this song, minus the relationship nonsense of it all.


 The thing is is that, I don't want to be totally alone. I just want people to give me some space. That's all I'm asking for... and again I'm gonna say another thing that you're not supposed to say.

Wrapped up in my blanket of hostility, I just really don't care right now about what's going on with you.
When you think about it, I'm actually saving you from subjecting yourself to my hostility, which has nothing to do with you whatsoever. So in a sense... I'm caring about you, without caring about what's going on with you.

No, I don't care..... that your dog threw up on you...

 That you bought that new dress you've been eyeballing...

How you can't stand your new boss...

or even how your kids got in a fight at school today.

So level with me o'sweet blogosphere.... Do you ever just need time to be in your own headspace? Without the weight of the world/other peoples problems on your shoulders?? I mean, let's just be real about it shall we.. It takes a lot of effort to sit and listen to people talk about themselves all the day is long. Am I wrong here?

A. Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...