To see more pictures, get for info, and purchase Click Here!
November 25, 2014
To see more pictures, get for info, and purchase Click Here!
November 24, 2014
We decided to do the tourist thing and went to ride the Skyview in downtown Atlanta, which is something like the London Eye. Here's a picture of the wheel. We went at dusk, so everything was lit up and magical looking. :) So, let's talk about last weeks wishes!
- So the whole let's pre-package my snacks for the week was an epic fail! Unless, thinking about doing it while sitting on the couch counts...... No? Okay, I did't think so. This will be added back to the list.
- Hmm...yeah that scarf I was talking about I needed to start last week didn't happen either. However, I did find the stitch or pattern I needed to do it, so now it's just doing it!
- I was supposed to finish adding my new items to Etsy and I got most of them done, except I have one more to add. So, I consider this one a success. :)
- Of course, I'm adding the snack prepping back on the list for this week. I will try and do it tonight as a matter of fact.
- I went home this afternoon on my lunch break (because I forgot my freakin phone?!?!) to find out that this scarf (scroll down) has been sold! Yippie!! It's my first Etsy sell of the season. Hopefully there will be many more to come! So now, I must ship it off to it's new home in Washington state.
- Oh! Crocheting is going back on the list as well. I must tackle this scarf.
- I also need to decide on what sales I'm having for Black Friday and Cyber Monday. I'm thinking I want to run them the month of December though.
November 21, 2014
Congratulations on making it through another work week! Its Divine Friday so let's have some fun. How does Divine Friday work, Sparkle? Through the week, I try to find The Divine in my everyday life and take a picture. I choose which one I think is the best and I share it here with you guys! I post it on my Instagram and Pinterest using the hashtag #DivineFriday. You should join in the fun too! Just snap a shot of whatever made you smile this week and share it on your Instagram or whatever social media of your choosing. Sounds easy, right? :)
There is just something about the morning time that's refreshing! I love waking up early in the morning (not that I do it all that often on my days off) and knowing that there's a clean slate of a day just waiting on me to enjoy. Plus there is a quietness in the morning that I just really like. I think if you listen well enough, you can hear Mother Nature waking up. :o) I like sitting outside just after the sun comes up, before there are people and car noises that start. It's very peaceful.
Plus.. Morning time has the best food!
Country Fried Steak..
Come on son! You can't deny breakfast is the best.. Okay, I know I just went on a food tangent so back on subject. :) So, if you haven't guessed by now, today's picture is of the sunrise. I saw it while I was driving *cough* I mean.. riding down the street on the way to work. I always find The Divine in the sunrise. What did you find The Divine in this week?
November 17, 2014
Happy Monday friends! I'm proud to say that over the weekend I got a lot of crochet work done. It's a good thing because, orders for scarves and such have been pouring in! I'm really geeked about it, because I get to be paid to do what I love and isn't that the whole point?
I've been working on this 'forever blanket' and got a lot done over the weekend, so I'm very happy about that. Then it's on to 2 custom scarves and a slouchy hat. I may just need a fire extinguisher for all the hookin' I'll be doing.. :)
- Technically, I didn't have any wishes from last week, but! I have been working on my monthly goals, such as finishing up the blanket above, getting some more activity in, & posting stuff to Etsy.
- I really want to separate my snackage for work into single serving sizes. That way all I have to do is throw them in my lunch bag in the morning and I'm good to go. I already know it'll save me so much time in the morning when I'm prepping for work.
- I have to make a scarf in a hounds tooth stitch. It will be no easy feat trying to do this one, but I'm up for the challenge! By the way, anyone know of any easy patterns?? I'll probably scour YouTube since it has everything under the sun!
- Post the rest of my ready items to Etsy, like NOW!! Black Friday & Cyber Monday are literally right around the corner and you mosdef don't wanna get caught slippin!
November 15, 2014
When you order one you can choose large or small and can customize it by choosing your favorite color. If you don't see a color you want, then just let me know and we can make it happen capt'n! If you're ready to be street chic, then you can order one by clicking here and it will take you to my Etsy shop!
Have a great day! :)
November 14, 2014
Congratulations on making it through another work week! Its Divine Friday so let's have some fun. How does Divine Friday work, Sparkle? Everyday, I try to find The Divine in my everyday life and take a picture. I choose which one I think is the best and I share it here with you guys! I post it on my Instagram and Pinterest using the hashtag #DivineFriday. You should join in the fun too! Just snap a shot of whatever made you smile this week and share it on your Instagram or whatever social media of your choosing. Sounds easy, right? :)
I thought I would draw a little inspiration this week from the clouds. As a little girl, I would drag an old carpet sample out from the storage space in the back of our house and flop it in the grass. I would lay down on my carpet and look up at the clouds and find shapes and relaxation (although I didn't know it at the time). I miss the days of just being able to lay out in the yard and not have a care in the world. I often would feel so safe that I would fall asleep right there on my little carpet square.
Every now and then, I still get those peaceful moments like when I found this beautiful piece of sky! I love gazing at the sky, especially when I'm traveling to my destination. Looking up there just makes everything that I desire seem like a possibility.
The sky is massive, so you get a two for one today on pictures. :) Wondering why there's a bar in the 2nd picture? I was sitting at the drive-thru at Wendy's when I noticed how pretty the sky was. Me having no shame whipped out my phone, let the window down, and started snapping shots of the sky. So that's the 'Clearance' bar at the drive-thru. This time while looking up, I saw a poodle and an astronaut!
As a bonus, I will leave you with this song for today! It's one of my favorites of all time and I listen to it when I need to be encouraged.
When is the last time you let your imagination let loose and take over? Don't forget to get on Instagram and share your #DivineFriday photo!
P.S. Here's the First, Second, & Third Divine Friday posts!
November 11, 2014
November 10, 2014
- While I did stay up a few times last week I did feel like I went to bed on time for the most part. I was still dumb tired because I was dreaming all night, most nights. However I did catch up on my sleep over the weekend. So yay me!
- My main concentration last week was to do some crochet every day. I couldn't do it every day but I did catch up on a lot of it on Halloween night! The Boo and I sat around and watched scary movies all night. :) Never thought Cabin in the Woods would have the twist that it did...
- Dude.... I seriously need to get to posting new items in my Etsy shop. As soon as I publish this I will probably power post new items. I was supposed to get all this done last month and it just never happened. It’s November now and I needs to get crackin’!
- I want to exercise at least 3 times a week every week this month. I think it would be a good idea to up my steps on the daily too. I’m doing around 3000+ right now, but I want to up that to 4000+ by doing more walking on my breaks at work.
- I’ve been working on a baby blanket for a while now and I’d like to finish it up by the end of the month, so that I can start on the next project. It’s not due until January, but I’d like to get it done early!