March 19, 2012

Holy Crap it's been a LONG Time!!

Whatcha say now!

Welp! Meanwhile 4 months later I am back again to share what's been going on in my life. I won't bore you with the minor details and instead I will try to let pictures do the talking for me. It's weird not to have a topic today, but I just felt like writing. I must tell you that you should be prepared for maybe a bit a rambling (even though I said I'd let pix talk....) and convo will probably be all over the place.

I have a new love and his name is KAWS!! I'm going to sound like a really bad fan, but I have no idea how long he's been around or any personal info like his age, why he does the art he does, or how he likes he's eggs to be cooked. However....... I do know that I'm in love with his artwork!

I mean.... Come on! How can you not love a cartoon clown looking figure that's crying, that's supposed to be a comical version of 'The Thinker'? You can't! And that's why I love it. Me and the Rents' when to the High Museum of Art for Friday Night Jazz and were able to see KAWS' exhibit and many more. As an artist it's exciting for me to see other people's work and to be inspired by it. I felt like a kid in a candy store, except I couldn't buy anything and was allowed to touch nothing otherwise security would snatch you up and beat you around for a while. Sidebar: it's really heinous how the employees/security that work there are eyeballing you so hard that you can feel their eyelashes fan across your cheek! Is it that crucial? Really?

Moving on.. let me show you what I've been working on these many many months. If you've been following me, you know that I have my own shop on Etsy called Eclectic Oasis. (feel free to drop by) I have some paintings on there, but mainly I've been building my... ::: yells ::: Crochet EMPIRE! Bwah ha ha ha! I'm trying to take over the world with crochet one stitch at a time!! Not really.... well..... yeah maybe a little. :) I've put my blood, sweat, and tears into my products though. Ok, so... not so so much on the blood part, but you get the idea. I do realize that I've never shown myself on this blog, so before you ask... No............... this is not me in the pictures and is quite a generous and lovely friend of mine.



There of course are more items in the shop, and I'm currently working to stack more on the shelves. So yeah... this is basically what's going on right now. I work, hangout with friends when I can, crochet my ass off, talk on the phone for far too long, and spend way too much money on fun times and yarn! Sounds like good times right?!? Hopefully I'll add 'routine blogging' to that list. Ok, time to pass out.

Peace!!

A. Sparkle


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...