March 31, 2012

A Thai Food & Vintage Clothes kinda Afternoon

Happy Saturday!

I'm so glad the weeknd is finally here!! I started it off going on a shopping/food adventure on Friday. I had been craving some Thai food, but I saw this vintage shop beforehand and I figured I would have a peek. It's funny to me how people have deemed a new name for old clothes that someone doesn't treasure anymore a snazzy and sparkly new name like ~Vintage~! Do you remember when the former 'old clothes' used to be called 'Retro'? Now we've moved on to the uber hip ~Vintage~ items that you can buy, that have been upcharged the hell out of.  I mean.......... Isn't this the same thing Goodwill does? Can't I buy your $60 cowboys boots down at the Goodwill for like $10 or something ridiculous like that??? Did I rant?? My bad. 

In any case, lol, I felt compelled to go in and see what they had to offer me.



I was surprised that they had women's as well as men's clothes and I can't deny that they had some pretty nice stuff in there. I have this obsession with old suitcases that have no wheels or straps and are probably inconvenient as hell to carry through an airport (i.e. Samsonite). I still love them nonetheless and they had a few sets there in the store. The fact that they have these ~Vintage~ suitcases and for this reason alone, this shop is considered alright in my book!

Spoon (yummy Thai food) was right across the way from the shop. Sadly I did not get to go in and partake in the deliciousness that is the Basil fried rice. They weren't open yet!! (argh) 


 So I decided it was their loss and I footed it on over to the village Thai & Sushi place. I've been wanting to try this place since forever and felt that this was a prime opportunity to do so. I apologize in advance for the bad picture quality. Such is the life of using the camera on your phone and not your newfangled digital camera left at home, because you didn't know you were taking pictures that day.




They had some really nice art in there too! This is the one that really jumped out at me. When something is abstract, I tend to either really like or not like it at all. I like this one because it's telling a story without words. The best thing about abstract art is that you can interpret it any way you like to make it relate to you.



 So that was Friday... More adventures to be had later today. 

*P*E*A*C*E*

A. Sparkle

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I'd like Thai, but you make it sound so good. Yays for random adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai food is good! If you lik Chinese food then you will like Thai.. main diff is Thai may be more spicy and have coconut in it depending on the dish. :) Go try it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...