July 23, 2014

Crochet Sweatshop




Salutations peeps!


I thought would tell you show off some of the things I’ve been working on lately. It feels really good being back in the saddle of working with yarn. I didn’t realize how relaxing it was until I had stopped working on stuff. More than likely, since I’m about to start classes I’ll need crochet to fill up the time I’m not studying, so that I don’t pull my hair out!

The most recent thing I’ve done was last night. I asked my co-worker to be a guinea pig for me and test out this coaster and cup hat set. I’ve been contemplating for a while adding this to my EtsyShop, but just haven’t done it. Of course I’ve made one for myself and I use it every day while I’m at work. I created it out of necessity really..






My drinks would sweat all over the desk and little gnats would be flying around landing everywhere, including INSIDE my cup. I knew I had to do something to stop the madness, so a coaster and cup hat set were born! {Insert Evil Laugh Here}

To my surprise, not only did it prevent those nasty little guys from committing suicide in my drink, it also kept my drink warm for a lot longer than normal! [#Bonus] My co-worker is an Atlanta Falcons fan, so that’s why the colors are red, black, & white. The first generation of hats didn't look as snazzy as this one does, but I think I've gotten it down pat now.
In other news.... I was requested to make two pairs baby booties, a hat and a headband for a sweet little girl. I also decided to make a blanket as a gift.













It took a lot of trial an error and fighting with patterns to get the booties right. I ended up meshing two patterns together to get things to work! The blanket however was a piece of cake. I was going to do a scalloped border, but it just didn't look right. So I decided to do five rows of double crochet to make a nice wide border. I think everything came out quite lovely. :)

So now you know what I've been working on. What have you been up to?

Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...