July 28, 2014

Weekly Wishes #16




Salutations All!


Its that time again for weekly wishes! Did you set any goals for last week? If so, how did they go? Are you just joining me? Let me explain what happens for Weekly Wishes..
The Happenings: You share your weekly, monthly, or yearly goals/wishes/achievements and you get to be a part of this big group of people that are doing the same thing. Yay! Wanna join in? Check out The Nectar Collective and add a link to your blog!


**********************


Happy Monday all! My weekend was Pretty lax. I did a lot of studying for my class this evening (eek) and went to go see the movie 'Lucy'. The movie was pretty awesome and I highly recommend seeing it. As for the studying, I will more than likely see coding in my sleep. Take right now for instance.. I can't help but wonder if I'm coding something correctly (although I'm just talking to you) when I'm using " ", ==, ( ), and +. So how did your weekend go? Did you do anything exciting and fun? Let's talk about last Weeks Wishes.


Last Weeks Wishes



Acclimate to the Mac - I've been getting better and better at stuff as I go. I've finally figured out how to hide the doc at the bottom, set a new wallpaper, figured out how to change between all of my open windows, put it to sleep, and the shortcut commands for copy and paste! By no means am I a pro yet, but I'm on my way. It's really weird trying to do certain things, because I'm used to doing things on a PC, but it's all good. Oh, and Thank Gawd for Google, because I find anything I have a question about how to do from there, which most of the time leads me to YouTube. #success




* Eat Healthier Food Options - Welllllllllll, this didn't happen as much as I would've liked, but I did try. That's all that's important, right? Right? I did cook a healthy stir-fry last night. That's something. :) We'll talk about that in another post though.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This Weeks Wishes



Use the Singing Bowl - I forgot to mention that I did a little shopping over the weekend! I went into this metaphysical store called Synchronicity that I hadn't been in for a long time. It was actually the first metaphysical store I had ever been in, because one of my former co-workers introduced me to it. Anyway, I saw some Tibetan singing bowls (used in meditation) in there and one of the ladies who worked in there showed me how they work. Then I got a free demonstration from a guy that uses them for healing and massage. It was So.Freaking.Awesome. I've always been curious about them and so I'm glad that I had the opportunity to finally buy one.


* Eat.Sleep.Drink.Coding - Maybe by the time you read this I will be in class meeting new people and learning all kinds of stuff. I really want to learn a lot and do as well I can, so that means setting aside time everyday to study. I need to be about my business so that I can move onwards and upwards! Wish me luck and of course I'll tell you all about my adventures. :)


Alright peeps, it's gonna be another short-ish week of wishes for me. Although, these two wishes/goals will involve a lot of time and effort. What your goals for this week?

Ciao!


4 comments:

  1. Those bowls are so awesome! Enjoy using yours! I've been seeing commercials for Lucy and now I really want to see it too. Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too! I've been using mine quite a bit this week. Totally go see it and tell me what you thought. :) Hope you're having a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Cooooooooooool. I've never heard of a singing bowl! I can't wait to see what it does for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I use mine in meditation. The sound and the vibration from it, helps to soothe you. What you do is hold it in you palm and then use the wooden stick to go around and around and after a while you will start to hear a continuous bell like sound. Even after you've stopped using the stick, it still chimes out for quite a while!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...