December 31, 2009

A Day at the Lake

I had a need to get out of the house the other day and just spend some time alone with myself. I thought about going to Starbucks and acting like I was all trendy and shit, but I didn't feel like spending any money. So I slapped on my white sunshades, grabbed the current book I was reading and headed out to the lake nearest me.

I've been coming to this same lake off and on since I was little girl. My parents used to take me there to fly kites and I just thought that was the best thing in this whole wide world. So on this day it was quite peaceful, the water was calm, and the ducks were out looking for any fools who were brave enough to get close enough to feed them. I wasn't about to get out of the car so that I could get snapped at by some duck with an attitude, so I just chilled in Spike (my car) and got lost in my book. I'm currently reading 'Midnight', by Sister Souljah. Very... very.. good book. I highly recommend it.

Nothing special happened there at the lake, but it was a nice get away to just sit there and be. I guess you could say that it's one of my happy places. Where is your happy place?

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...