November 14, 2011

The Broke Version of Adventure

Greetings and salutations,

There are certain times in life when you are ecstatic about getting paid and you have sugar plum fairies dancing in your head with the fun ways you're gonna blow all you're new money. Nevermind the fact that you have bills... big bills to pay with said money. Then at some point when you're mapping out all the fun times you're gonna have, you come to a realization. You've decided to actually be an adult this time...... this time.... and go ahead and pay the people who are harassing you and calling you ten times a day for every last cent you've ever made in life!

Yep. It's true. You're broke.

Shout out to Sallie Mae for perfecting the technique of legal stalking. lol. For all of you that don't know.. Sallie Mae is a friendly and evil student loan company.

So yes, that was this weekend. What did I do with no money? I took pictures of cool art, of course! I happened to be traveling through downtown Decatur when I ran upon this mural.

I absolutely love this and I'll tell you why. I'm a really big fan of color and this packs a full punch and it's also like poetry in the form of art. Obviously there is a lot of symbolism going on and it seems like it's telling a story and not one of those fake ass stories that people try to make up for their art to seem like it's important on a deep level.

The #1 reason I like it though is because of the eyes!! There's character, feeling, and intensity coming from those eyes, almost like it's someone really looking at you. Like you're being transported some where else when you stare into the eyes. I'm getting a little dramatic I know, but I just really like it.


I've been holding out on you with this one below. I was in the village at the time and happened to see this guy whoever he is in the process of actually painting this cycloptic, happy, furry thing.


It was pretty awesome to watch and there was even a little crowd gathered around to take a peek at what he was doing. I've seen his work some else around town and the only reason why I know this is because it was another blue hairy creature just like this one. It always amazes me what people can do with spray paint, because I have no idea whatsoever on how you would be able to control it to make it do what you want it to. Kudos to you spray painting masters!

Until the next mural spotting...

Peace,

A. Sparkle.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...