August 9, 2014

Food Experiment: Healthy Stir Fry

Greetings friends!


I hope everyone is having a great week! Mine has a good stride going to it so far. Classes have been going well and I'm exciting to be getting into the 'meat & potatoes' of things. The class project is creating a blog from scratch, (which is right up my alley) and it's nice to see the fruits of your labor. :) Anyway, we're not here to talk about class, we're here to talk about foooooooood. Yummy glorious food! (I always think of the song Food Glorious Food from Oliver Twist)




I got it in my mind that I wanted to make a stir fry. I was inspired by my friend Stacie to cook more, since she had been posting food pictures of what she cooked all over the place. I thought it the desire for stir fry would go away, but it didn't and so I knew that I had no choice but to make it. I wanted it to be healthy, so I went to SkinnyTaste, my go-to website for yummy healthy foods. There are a couple of stir fry recipes on there, but the one I chose was the Thai chicken & pineapple stir fry. I like Thai food. I like pineapples. I figured it couldn't be too bad! :)


Ingredients: ~ Corn Starch ~ Fish Sauce ~ Sweet & Spicy Sauce ~ Bell Pepper ~ Pineapple ~ Garlic ~ Olive Oil ~ Chicken ~ 








Even though raw chicken makes me squeamish I figured if I was trying to be healthy, I may as well use the real thing the recipe calls for instead of the super processed kind. ::: shrugs ::: 
I started by cutting up the chicken first to get that out of the way, then I chopped up the peppers and pineapple.







The whole cooking processed didn't take that long which is a total plus in my book! When I want to come home from work I want to relax and eat dinner. Not stand in the kitchen for two hrs cooking and then be able to relax. I chose to make this dish with pasta because I already had some made up and ready to eat. Normally, I would've made it with rice.





The sweet spicy sauce I got was HOT!!!!! I'm talking about the heat is so much that the tip of your tongue becomes numb and you literally can't eat anymore!! Despite the spiciness I did enjoy the dish and it's one I'll make again. Have you been cooking anything as of late? Do you like or have a favorite stir fry recipe? Let me know!

Ciao!


2 comments:

  1. yum! i'll chop my veggies a bit smaller tho!! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know you would. Normally I would too, but I was trying something different. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...