February 20, 2014

Weighing In..

Greetings!
 
I haven’t written a post about how the weight-loss was going in a while so I figured it was about time! If you’ve been following along, then you know that I’ve been reading Eat Q, by Dr Susan Albers. I was trying to go the whole ‘no dieting’ and ‘eating mindfully’ route and was getting frustrated. So after a while I was like, ‘Hm.. this crap doesn't work!’ and I put the book down and haven’t picked it back up.
After much thought though I realized that I was doing what I always do. Read half of something, get bored, and go off and do my own thing. What I started doing was going back to what had worked for me previously in losing weight and that was doing my Leslie Sanstone workout dvd and counting calories. I’ve also started taking some supplements, where I hadn’t before. I wanted to do something I knew would work, because eating all willy-nilly and trying to be mindful wasn’t doing it for me! I’ve only been doing this for a week and so far I’ve lost four pounds! Yay, for me! ::: fist pump ::: Can I just say that four pounds makes a huge difference in how your clothes fit..
So while I was doing this, this past week I realized that I had learned something from Eat Q after all and it was helping me to make better food choices and handle my cravings in a different way than I had before. Now when I was tempted by a muffin in the break room or I wanted a Baconator combo from Wendy’s, I knew that I wanted it and I accepted that. Then I thought about my end goal and it helped me to not act on my craving. Or if I really wanted it, I would ‘budget’ my calories throughout the day, so that I could splurge later.
All in all I’m pleased with combining the powers of my old methods and the new methods of Eat Q. I will continue to read the book that way I’m fully informed and know the process in it’s entirety and then maybe someday soon, I will be able to stop counting calories and just naturally make good food choices.
Anyone else in the fight with me?
Ciao!
 
A. Sparkle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...