April 17, 2009

My Favorite Things

Happy Friday Everyone!
I'm really glad its finally the wknd, yay! In celebration of the wknd I've decided to share some newly acquired things and some oldies, but goodies. I wish I could do some more shopping and I just might tomorrow. I'm supposed to be going to a store with one of my co-workers, so I should have plenty of pictures to share with you tomorrow. So... What do we have here?

  • Sterling silver bracelet
  • Blue tinted glasses
  • Africa shaped earrings

I got this lovely piece back in March. Me, Beloved and his sister were in this Vintage Consignment shop and she pointed out this bracelet. It was only 10 smack-a-roos! I love a great price for awesome pieces! I really like the negative spaces on the sides and the flower design on top.

Here's a close up of the earrings so you can see the design better. What's it say? Pres. Obama!!!! I gotta show my President some love and support. And as a plus I get to support local jewelry makers. I saw the guy who's store I got them from make some by hand. He carves in the lettering and dyes them as well. They are Pretty awesome and I LOVE LOVE them!
I didnt do a close up of the glasses simply because every picture I took came out fuzzy and well.. everyone knows what glasses look like. Black frame. Blue tint. Nothing more to it. I found them in a bag of sunglasses I had buried and forgotten about. I think I've had them since 1996, so yeah.. they're old. I actually wore them today because they matched my outfit and I felt pretty good about wearing them. Nothing like starting a trend (or bringing it back rather).
So that's it kiddies.. Ciao!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...