April 15, 2009

It's a Battle


As I have stated a few posts back, I challenged my besties to a 'Biggest Loser' (to be cliche) competition. I think it's been a slow start for all of us. I decided to take a pause for the cause and look back at what's working, what's not, and what is it that I need to be doing better.
Idk why, but I always seems to either do good with my eating habits or with my amount of exercise. Recently I've been concentrating more on the exercise and not so much on the food.. and it's definitely showing. The scale's saying I'm gaining back the weight I lost, but I don't feel like I am. My clothes are still fitting well and feeling more comfortable. I think what I'm going to do is concentrate more on my food intake for the next couple of days. Not to say that I'm not going to still workout I just want to get myself back on track with my eating.
So I had a breakfast of champions, while my Beloved had some freakin pancakes with gobs and gobs of syrup! What do we have here in the picture?
  • Watermelon (seedless)
  • oatmeal (no butter or sugar added)
  • half a banana sliced
It was surprisingly filling and it hit the spot. My other meals weren't the best, but they weren't horrible either. I have read a host of books that say that their way is best to lose weight, its fast, it's easy, blah blah blah. Everyone has a different theory, so who's is right? Here's mine.. if you have a balanced diet, like going back to the food pyramid and you eat small meals throughout the day then you'd be eating healthy and boosting your metabolism, therefore causing normal weight loss as long as your including exercise and lots of water. We shall see.
Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. For me, no matter how much I exercise, my weight completely depends on what I eat. Bummer, I know.

    Looks like you're doing well, though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason when I am exercising regularly, I convince myself that it's "ok" to eat junk because I will burn it off. Stupid-stupid-stupid. Why do I do this to myself?

    Your weight loss philosophy is right on the money. Basically you have to burn more calories than your intake. Eat foods that have the nutrients your body needs so that it can burn calories efficiently.

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know right! I do that too and I hate it. Losing weight is a total mind games.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...