April 21, 2009

Keep on Trucking

Greetings,

In an effort to stay healthy, I decided to go ahead and make my banana muffins this evening. It's really just banana bread put into muffin tins. I think muffins are waaaaay more fun that bread, but that's just me. And now that I think about it, they are easier to tote around as a snack too. I think they came out okay. I tried a few new ingredients to make it more healthy, but still tasty.


Here is the rundown on the particulars that when into this creation:
  • 1/2 cup canola oil
  • 1/4 cup of sugar (normally I'd use 1 cup)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 very ripe bananas (normally I like them to be overly ripe. I'm talking about lots of brown spots and softness. They are more sweet like that, but I was impatient!!)
  • 1/2 cup organic apple sauce, no sugar added (to keep it extra moist)
  • pinch of salt
  • a couple of teaspoons of Cinnamon
  • 2 cups of wheat flour (sifted)

They actually turned out pretty tasty. I got a little worried when I was mixing everything, because the batter was very dry when I used the wheat flour. (It was the 1st time I've used any) But adding the apple sauce helped a lot. They smelled absolutely wonderful while they were baking. The only thing that I think was strange after they were finished was that they didn't rise very much. I'm thinking that it was from the wheat flour, but I'm not sure. From the picture I know that they probably look like cookies, but I assure you that they are indeed muffins! lol.

I'm sad to report that I have gained back all 4lbs that I had lost, but it's a new week and a new day. I'm not going to beat myself up about it. It's just time to start over and use this as motivation. I did actually workout tonight for about 25 mins to the P90X video. It will seriously kick your butt! It's really fun though. Me and Beloved made a commitment to workout every day this week after I get off work, so that should be kool. Well it's past my bedtime.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...