March 16, 2014

The Lost Art of Snail Mail

Greetings!

Most recently I've been reading a blog called Vivid Please and on said blog, Vicky has organized a Snail Mail Trade. I don't know about you, but I absolutely HATE going to the mailbox. I'm talking about the kind of hate where I will refuse to check the mail for three weeks.... I am a 'Let's go paperless' enthusiast! I work with an oceans worth of paper all day long at work, so I certainly don't wanna deal with it at home. It's nice to get something other than junk mail and bills.

Here's the way it works: You will receive a gift in the mail from someone, as well as send one out. You aren't necessarily sending something to the person that is sending you a gift. The cap you spend is around $16. You answer 5 questions about yourself and give social media links of your choosing so that the person that is to send you something can find out what you're into. The person I was assigned to is Sarah. Some of the key things I picked up from her info was that she liked writing, photography, the outdoors & nature/animals.

I was so mad when I got to the Post Office, because I remembered that I forgot to take a picture of the items I got for Sarah! Do you do that to? Remember that you have to do something at the last minute. See this is why I just bought a planner. I digress though... So here's the picture you get..


We both like letter-writing, so I wrote a lovely letter to go along with the package. I surprised myself and wrote two pages. I figured, I knew a little bit about her, so it's only fair that I share a little bit about me. Okay, wait.. this wasn't two whole pages all about me. There was other stuff in there too. ha ha!

1. So I got the cutest little notebook that's red-ish with gold embellishments and a string wrap around closure with  bead at the end. 

2. No point in having a notebook without a really cute bedazzled pen to write in it with right? 

3. I picked out a nice matted photograph of a horse. It was beautiful! It's a black and white photo that shows mainly the side of the head of the horse and a little bit of the body. It's basically the horse standing out in a field and you can tell it's a windy day, because it's mane is all blown in it's face so that you can't even see it's eyes.
______________________________________________________

I just got my gift in the mail on 03/14 and I was so excited! I jumped up and down and everything when I got it. The anticipation was just killing me! I don't know know the name of my sender since there was no letter or return address, but I can tell you that she did a bang up job on presentation of the items. :) 
Here's what I got: 







How cute does everything look, right? A lot of things were edible items and the yarn and ribbon will be great for my crafting addiction. :) The little rubber ducky is actually lip gloss and the item in the top left corner of this last picture is a cute little bag. I think it's handmade, but I'm not sure. 
Let me give you a closer look..








This was the first Snail Mail trade done and I look forward to the next one. It was a lot of fun picking out things for someone and waiting on something great to come in the mail. The organizer is in Scotland and so a lot of the people who signed up for the trade are in Europe as well. I like the fact that the items I get will more than likely come from across the ocean and it's a nice way to make friends from all over.

So tell me, have you done anything interesting and fun lately? I would love to have a pen pal to write to! How do you feel about such things? You don't like writing or you think it's a grand idea?

Ciao!




4 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great thing! Visiting from All About BlogSpot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got wonderful gifts! I have done a few of these swaps in the past, and I agree, it is great to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's wonderful!
    that lip balm is so cute:)
    Visiting from All About BlogSpot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love mail! Well... not bills, but you know... I've done a few swaps and I loved them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...