March 10, 2014

Weekly Wishes!



Greetings Peeps!




So as I normally do, I was reading through one of the blogs I follow (jenneng), which of course led me to another blog (the nectarcollective) and I ran across this awesome post where you talk about your weekly wishes. I thought that it would be fun! 

Here’s how it works: You tell about your weekly, monthly, etc goals/wishes/achievements and you get to be apart of this big group of people that are doing the same thing. Yay!



Weekly Wishes as Follows:

1. I have been writing a book for a while now. Sometimes it’s hard to know where you want the characters to go. I know what I want to happen in the storyline. It’s just determining how to get them there. So I really wanna push through and write, write, write. Or to quote Carrie Bradshaw when referring to writing, “I want to lock myself in here and just you know.. bang it out..”



2. I MUST get back to exercising TODAY! I’ve been really slacking. :o/ Although I do dread doing it, it’s not nearly as bad as actually doing the work. Well… I’m mean.. sometimes it is. But for the most part it’s okay. Right?



3. Gather up a couple things to sell on eBay or Poshmark. I want to sell my old galaxy S3 and maybe a pair of shoes, some clothes and at least one home décor item. I always say I’m gonna do it and then I just don’t. Who doesn’t like extra money? Oh and can I just say that the Samsung Note 3 is THE most awesomist phone everrrrrrrrrrrr! #Androidforlifebaby



4. Start a new crochet project. I’ve been meaning to make this scarf/mini shawl since forever!!! I always think about doing it when I can‘t do anything about it, like when I’m at the mall or while I’m at work. This does me absolutely no good… While I’m not home, something will make me think of crochet and then it’s like, ‘Oh yeah… I’ll start that when I get home!’. Then I get home and I start doing everything under the sun except pull out my crochet bag which by the way, sits right in my face next to the couch. 



5. Okay… this is a big one. I really and I mean really need to draw something! What? You thought I was going to say something like remember to feed the cat, because it’s been a week? No. Drawing is a big deal to me. Or rather I should say being artistic. I went to college for art. I have a freaking degree in it. It’s always been my first love since I was 5. However, I’m also emotionally scarred from one particular teacher who was awful, very critical, and told horrible off colored jokes that I refused to laugh at even though everyone else did. He just wasn’t funny… Anyway, I pretty much hear his criticism in my head every time I start a new project and then I just go blank and put all of my art supplies back where they were. Do I sound dramatic? Oh well. The plan is to draw/sketch a little something every week until I get comfortable again. Sending positive vibes my way would be appreciated.


Do you have any wishes you want to accomplish this week? Share them with me! Wanna start a convo? Email me at asparkle@asparklesays.com





Ciao!



6 comments:

  1. Good luck with your wishes this week! Sometimes I have trouble figuring out to get my characters through a story too, but like you said it's just best to sit down and write, write, write. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Good to know I'm not alone. (:

      Delete
  2. So glad you are joining in. Great goals this week. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Weekly Wishes.
    Much success with your goals this week. Good luck with the book. Writing is hard, I used to write and I somehow let that part of me go. Need to rediscover the writer in me.It's worth the hard work.
    www.jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hard work indeed... Good luck being reunited with your inner writer. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...