March 12, 2014

Weighing In: It's Wednesday!

Greetings...




Seeing that it is Wednesday and I've been doing quite a bit of thinking lately, I figured it was time to weigh in. Brace yourselves... I'm about to get wordy. :)  So let me update you on my latest weight-loss adventure. Taking supplements is all the rage now in the weight-loss game apparently, so me being the ever curious Gemini, I wanted to check it out for myself.  The lady at The Vitamin Shoppe said, 'oh yeah! take these fiber pills! It helped me lose 13 pounds in a month! They will help keep you full when you eat.' The way she was talking, you'd think she had just discovered that they had magic in them. She didn't claim there was any magic, just that they would keep you regular, and let's be honest...... It's always a good thing to be regular. 

So trying to save a buck, as they were on sale, I bought them (as opposed to the more expensive pills I was contemplating) before reading how many you need to take on the daily. Don't you know that you have to take 3 of those horse pills!! I was horrified. Not only because they were huge (I’m always afraid I'm going to choke on any pill no matter the size), but that I had to take 3!
Before every meal!!  

So I put on my big girl panties and took one (or rather 3!!) for the team and started using the pills as instructed... Let me just tell you... I might as well have not eaten anything at all, because those pills had me feeling so bloated and uncomfortable all the day is long.. #notkool  As every women knows, we don't need any help with feeling bloated and uncomfortable. So that lasted for about oh um, 4-5 days until I couldn't take it anymore. So yeah.. no more of that. 

So I'm back to no supplements and I feel better for it. Later that week I had a revelation though. For the longest time, I've been trying to figure out what the difference is in the way that thin people eat as opposed to people who are overweight  

The one thing that I can find that is consistent is eating small amounts of food. Have you experienced that moment when you're out with your friend and she takes 3 bites of her salad and eats half of the half sandwich she ordered and claims to be SO stuffed! Then proceeds to grab a non-existent muffin top that isn't there to show how fat she is... Yeah, I'm starting to think they are serious about feeling stuffed. Being Fat? No. You're a size 8. Please.shut.up. 

I was talking to a work friend and she was eating a piece of toast with peanut butter for breakfast and was contemplating eating her banana as well. In my mind, I was like 'Duh! And grab another piece of toast to go with that homie!' In her mind though, she thought that she would feel stuffed for a good portion of the day. So I was like 'wait-a-minute... ole girl is what? like a size 5 and this is what fills her up??' 

Maybe my idea of a proper sized meal is really skewed!' Okay so my idea of breakfast is 2 eggs, some home fries, 2 sausage links, and 2 biscuits w/butter or 2 pancakes w/butter & syrup. I mean.. that's what Bob Evans says is breakfast.. They can't be wrong, can they? lol.
I know that's too much food and so my plan of attack now is to eat much smaller meals with some low-cal snacks in between. Oh! and Let's not forget the water they say you must throw down your throat hole. This plan seems to be going quite well thus far. I don't feel so heavy all of the time and that helps me feel more comfortable in my own skin. (and clothes for that matter) We'll see what the scale says at the end of the week. :) 

Ciao! 



12 comments:

  1. I know my portions are too big, but I honestly feel like I'm still hungry! Clearly my stomach needs to shrink. And I wouldn't be able to take those pills either! Good luck on your goals! You look fabulous in your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks! You know... I used to feel that way too. I'm not sure what changed other than the fact that I had to learn that i didn't have to eat so much in order to feel fulfilled.

      Delete
  2. I agree, too much fiber doesn't make for fun times. :P Good job on figuring out what works for you!! It's a process.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It IS a total process, right? Who even knew you could have too much fiber? :op

      Delete
  3. Thanks for posting so honestly and keep on doing what make YOU feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, learning to eat proper size meals is hard, and giving up Pepsi too! But, us ladies have to do what we have to do. I will never give up Pepsi, by the way, but I do limit the amount I can have and as for fiber it is really good for lowering cholesterol too. I would never take nine pills of anything in one day though, eek. Don't forget a little exercise. You don't need to kill yourself, just a walk in the park a few days a week. Good luck!

    http://www.melissasjewelryandgems.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well when you put it that way.. Geez! It does sound bad!! Trust me when I say never again with the pills... Omg, I used to *live* on Pepsi! Once I found out that all carbonated drinks bloat, I pretty much cut them all out. I'll have one on occasion like when on vacation. Thanks for the encouragement! :)

      Delete
  5. hysterical. I can't wait to read your next chapter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's definitely what I do when I eat out half and take half home even if im not completely full I drink water!

    Small changes work lets get it!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...