April 20, 2014

Weekend Rambles..

Greetings!
 
I hope everyone has had a great weekend and Happy Easter (if you celebrate it). I'm thinking this will be a fun installment to my weekly posts. A way to share random thoughts in my head and just a free way to write with no structure whatsoever really. And so...
  • I used to love Easter when I was a kid! I think it and Christmas were right there on the same level. I would wake up every Easter and there would be a brand spanking new colorful basket filled with shiny wrapped, yummy filled chocolate eggs and other assorted candies and my brand new bunny for the year! Oh how I loved my bunnies! Even after I knew the Easter bunny wasn't real I still wanted a basket. Ha!
  • I'm here to tell you car naps save lives! Sometimes when I'm really tired at work, I'll take a power nap in the car on my fifteen min break. There is a lead up to the nap of course. First you get the not so good, cup of coffee from the breakroom and the caffeine helps for a while, but not all morning. Then the bobbing and weaving starts. You're physically typing and you catch your eyes opening back up, because you didn't know they were closed in the first place. So you straighten up and adjust yourself in your seat and say, 'Ok! I must stay awake..' Then despite what you've just told yourself and your body, you start to slide right back down onto that slippery little slope to sleepsville and then it's like, 'Oh forget it!!!' So you get up from your desk, drag yourself to the car, set the alarm on your phone, and in no time you've fallen asleep. Then after you wake up, you feel like you just slept in the car for the last five hours, because you feel that rested. I'm here to tell you it's happened man... after a nap I feel so refreshed that I don't feel the need to harm the nearest person anymore. :)
  • If I was a man and had to dress in suits I would be the most snazzy thing out there! Have you seen all the new 'acceptable' colors that are in style now for men? I would wear a three piece suit everyday, with  a tie or an even more fun bowtie, and some Cole Haan shoes to match! Whaaaa? I'd be fly e-v-e-r-y-d-a-y. I keep trying to get The Boo to wear a bowtie, but he just won't do it! Is it wrong that I try to vicariously dress him through my style?
  • Speaking of menswear.. Dare I say, I somewhat miss fashion in the 90's where you could roll out of the house and be dressed like a man, and it's considered androgynous and not something else.
  • I may start writing a bunch of short stories in the near future. Do you read short stories? I always like the books that have story stories from different authors?
That's it for my ramblings today! What you do have on your mind? Tell me, I'd like to know!
Ciao!



8 comments:

  1. Power naps are awesome! My workplace used to have a sofa in one of the break rooms...people would fight over it during breaks, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I miss having a couch at work to lounge upon.. My current job just has uncomfortable chairs in the breakroom/kitchen area..

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I read your random thoughts posts, and I swear we are like universal twins or something!!! At my old job, I wouldn't even bother going to the car (the parking lot was a distance a way). There is this very comfortable plush leather chair in the back corner of the cafeteria. I could curl up and either nap or read a good book in it.

    And if I was a man, I would be in three piece suits with ascot ties often. Other times I would be in a button down shirt (first couple of buttons undone) and some fitted (not tight) jeans. Very Christian Grey like!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey you never know! :-) Idk about you but it always seems like I get to a really crucial part in the book and then my break is over and I gotta wait til the next break to find out what happens! Lmao! @ Christian Grey.. I could totally see that.

      Delete
  3. LOL I am a night nurse, so I get power naps. I unfortunately am not good at them. If I can't have at least three hours, there is no sense to even bother. I am just grumpy and miserable, not refreshed and ready to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.. That's no good. My coworker always tells me she doesn't see how I nap in the car.. Like you she needs a couple hrs.. Idk how I did it either really.. I'm just so sleepy I no other choice than to sleep! Lol

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...