April 21, 2014

Weekly Wishes: 7th Edition

Greetings!
Its that time again for weekly wishes! Did you set any goals for last week? If so, how did they go? Are you just joining me? Let me explain what happens for Weekly Wishes..

The Happenings: You share your weekly, monthly, or yearly goals/wishes/achievements and you get to be a part of this big group of people that are doing the same thing. Yay! Wanna join in? Check out The Nectar Collective.
_____________________________________
Last Weeks Wishes
  • Become a vegetarian - (for one week) I was a little hasty when I put this on the list. I really meant it to be for this weeks wishes. So, you know what that means... You'll see it below. However the goal last week was to do a practice run and prepare two meatless meals which I did end up doing. The Boo and I made pizza and spaghetti. I was really surprised at how I didn't miss the meat that much!! I kinda did on the spaghetti, but it wasn't too too bad.
  •  Finish reading The Body Book - I was a little ambitious here! I still have quite a bit to read. I must have thought I was going to spend every waking minute reading it and of course that just didn't happen. Speaking of which.. I need a vacation. :) So let's call this a half done, because I did read it, I just didn't finish it.
  • List an item on eBay - Yeah well... no this didn't get done either danggit! I haven't the foggiest as to why I can't seem to do this!?! I just have to set a time to get it done and just do it! Sigh..
This Weeks Wishes
  • Become a Veggie Queen - Obviously being a vegetarian for one week was going to be put back on the list, but let's add that I'm going to kick ass doing it and not cheat in a moment of weakness!! :)
  • Focus on my Etsy shop - The poor thing has been neglected for a while now, especially since we are getting into the warmer months. I need to rearrange, add, take away, & promote! This will all be done while attempting to watch some TV in the process. Ha!
To be honest with you, I feel like these two things are so big within themselves that this is quite enough to try and accomplish. Wish me luck! I have the feeling that I'm going to need it!

Ciao!

14 comments:

  1. I'm always surprised at how little I miss meat as well, I don't know if I could ever give it up completely but I definitely do ok with going without a few times a week. Good luck with working on your Etsy shop, I find I get the most knitting donw when I'm in front of the tv so I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idk if I could do this long term, but like said maybe a couple times a week. Yes, me too! I try to look ultra every now and then so I can see what's going on. Lol. Listening to audio books is nice too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I ask, what is The Body Book? It sounds intriguing! Also, I'm like half a vegetarian. I don't cut out meat completely, but I only eat it a few times a week. It definitely makes a difference and I don't miss it at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Body Book is by Cameron Diaz. She talks about how to eat healthy, weight train, workout, about how your body works and about your lady parts and she tells you why all of these things are important. It's really very good. I would highly recommend it!

      Only a few times a week, you say? Sounds interesting.. I may end up going that route after this week.. Then again.. I may miss meat so much that I'll only want meat! Lol

      Delete
  4. I applaud your efforts to be a vegetarian. I am the exact opposite, I'm all Paleo...all meat eater.
    My friend became a vegan a few months ago and she makes some lovely recipes. Avocados are her thing.
    With any lifestyle change there will be temptations and set backs but hang in there.
    Wishing you much success with your goals.
    This Body Book sounds like a good read. I'll have to look into it.
    http://jadeblyssjourney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of the Paleo, just haven't read up on it yet. Sounds interesting though and ppl say good things about it. Thanks for the words of encouragement and definitely check out the book!

      Delete
  5. It sound like 2 good goals! And you are right, you don't need any more for now. It needs to stay realistic :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi A. :)

    Giving up meat would be a tough think for me to do, as I have had to give up most of my carbs :( so.............it would be the last frontier, kinda thing, lol :)

    But I wish you well :)

    I am the same way with Ebay (not getting around to posting) , not sure why, I think it is I don't really like it, so listing there is frustrating to me, I so enjoy Etsy better for me :)

    Have a lovely week, cheers, T. :)

    P.S. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the days have gone on, I'm totally craving meat and more meat!! See.. I dunno if I could give up carbs.. There are just too many yummy ones out there.. I mean, bread alone would do me in!! Lol

      I guess me and eBay will have a love affair one day. Just not today! ;)

      Thanks! Have a lovely week yourself!

      Delete
  7. I'm a bit of a meat lover too, but I'm trying to steer more towards fish and chicken at least. I'd. Insider going veggie for periods at a time though, there's great veg recipes out there. Good luck with your goals, hope you've managed to list your eBay item, lol! I'm like that too - I just get a mental block when it comes to doing some things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryn! I tend to do a lot of turkey, but at least in this experience I've learned that it is possible to incorporate more veggies. I found some good stuff so far and I'll keep looking for more yummy recipes.

      Mental block is totally the word for it! Lol. (and I still have yet to post! )

      Delete
  8. I don't miss meat when I don't eat it, but if you can't go completely meatless cut back a lot, and eat way smaller portions. That is what I do. I don't feel like I am neglecting myself and getting just a little meat. I always say I am gonna sell on Ebay too. It never happens

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tell ya... My wishes for the week are very similar to yours! But, I think my hubby would freak out with a no meat meal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...