February 11, 2009

Art in the Yard

Everyday I pass this house with this very large sculpture. The 1st time I saw it, it kinda creeped me out. I know that you can't see all the detail, but there is a huge tower, with a fence around it. The fence has little worm/snake like pieces hanging from it as well as stick people who look like they are running. There is also an opening in the fence where a throne sits.

After many weeks of observing this sculpture it started to grow on me instead of creeping me out. I think that it was very brave of the artist to put something of this size in her/his front yard! I've been wondering how long it's been sitting there. It has to have been many many years due to the fact that it has all rusted.

My co-worker swears that the homeowner comes outside whenever its raining to sit in that throne to watch traffic go by! lol... I have yet to see that, so I'm just waiting for the next rainy day to check that out. Until tomorrow, Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...