February 23, 2009

New York or Bust

Greetings All,
I finally made my way back to NYC on Friday. I love going to The City. There is always so much to look at and observe and I can never take enough pictures. I only stayed for the weekend so it was too short, but maybe I'll be able to go back again and stay longer the next time. I got a nice shot of the Verazzano Bridge going into town. How did I get this shot? Yes... me and my Beloved drove for 14 hrs from GA to NYC. It really wasn't that bad of a trip, but then again I like to travel too.
I know your thinking, 'why is she taking pictures of power lines and smoke?' Well I happen to like smokestacks and smoke. Its looks pretty to me. And I'm thinking of doing a painting series of smokestacks.

So on our way up the east coast we encountered the dreaded TOLLSSSSSSS! I've never had to pay a toll in my life, since I pretty much grew up in the South. Surprisingly enough there is a toll in my city, but I don't have to pay it, because thank goodness I don't have to travel that way to get to and from work or home or whatever. We had to pay dang near 20 dollars in tolls! $20 dollars!!! Some of the tolls were like 5-8 dollars.. smh. But what can you do? Yeah you can avoid them, but it takes like and hour longer just to get to your destination.
It all adds to the experience of going to The City to me, so I didn't really mind that much. There are more pictures to come. Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...